Rick Perry Joins List of Governors Saying ‘No’ to State Health Exchanges
Governor Rick Perry has said there will be no state health exchanges in Texas. In a letter to U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services, Kathleen Sebelius, Perry made his intentions very clear.
“Our state will not be a party to helping facilitate the taxation of millions of Texans, at an unknown cost, to implement bad public policy.”
Although a state rejecting to set up exchanges does not nullify the unconstitutional federal mandate, it is a start in eliminating the Affordable Care Act. The law only appropriates funds for the exchanges, if it is created by the state.
As Michael Maharrey, Communications Director, of the Tenth Amendment Center said, “This is a good first step. The feds depend on state cooperation to make these huge programs work. If a large number of states refuse to set these exchanges up, it puts and increasing burden on the federal bureaucracy, one I’m not convinced they are really prepared to deal with. It will definitely gum up to works, and it sets the stage for more aggressive state action to block implementation of this unconstitutional act.”
If you are interested in learning more about state healthcare nullification, click here.
Matt Renquist is a blogger for the Tenth Amendment Center. He believes in the principles of the Tenth Amendment, and a limited federal government. Matt holds a Bachelor’s Degree from Colorado State University.
- Indiana governor-elect says ‘No!’ to health insurance exchanges – Tenth Amendment Center Blog.
- Alaska governor refuses to commit to state insurance exchange – Tenth Amendment Center Blog.
- Nebraska governor on health insurance exchanges: nope – Tenth Amendment Center Blog.
- S.C. Governor Haley says no to health exchanges – Tenth Amendment Center Blog.
- A chat with the Ohio governor’s office on health care nullification – Tenth Amendment Center Blog.
- States Decide on Obamacare Exchanges – Tenth Amendment Center Blog.
- Do the Secessionists Have As Much Courage As the Nullifiers? (rubinoworld.com)
- Michigan Nullifying the NDAA: A Work in Progress (rubinoworld.com)
- States Considering Nullification (rubinoworld.com)
- Texas NDAA Nullification Bill Includes Criminal Charges for Federal Agents (rubinoworld.com)
- Will Texas Nullify Both NDAA and TSA? (tenthamendmentcenter.com)
- Will Texas Nullify Both NDAA and TSA? (rubinoworld.com)
- Rick Perry Joins List of Governors Saying ‘No’ to State Health Exchanges (tenthamendmentcenter.com)
- Alaska governor refuses to commit to state insurance exchange (tenthamendmentcenter.com)
Posted on November 16, 2012, in 10th Amendment, Health Care, Nullify and tagged Colorado State University, Kathleen Sebelius, Rick Perry, tenth amendment center, Tenth Amendment Center blog, Tenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, Texas, United States, United States Secretary of Health and Human Services. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a Comment.