Category Archives: Civil Unrest
Dinesh D’Souza & Michael Shermer in debate at Oregon State University. Questions from the student body regarding Universal Health Care / ObamaCare. The answers were quite well presented and the student body seemed to agree.
The gallery at the House Ways and Means Committee Friday had to be called to order after it burst into applause and some gave a standing ovation following an impassioned diatribe against the IRS by Pennsylvania Republican Rep. Mike Kelly.
Kelly took his time during the hearing on the IRS’s targeting of conservatives to lambaste outgoing head Steven Miller, reminding Miller that while the IRS would like to chalk the organization’s recent actions up to a mistake, regular Americans do not get that luxury when dealing with the IRS.
“If you think it’s uncomfortable sitting over there you ought to be a private individual when the IRS is across from you asking you questions,” Kelly began, and that set the tone for the subsequent four minutes.
Some of the highlights:
- “I have a grandson who’s afraid to get out of bed at night because he thinks there’s someone under the bed that’s going to grab him. And I think most Americans feel that way about the IRS.”
- “This kind of reconfirms that, you know what, they [the IRS] can do almost anything they want to anybody they want, anytime they want. This is very chilling for the American people.”
- “This is a Pandora’s Box that has been opened and I don’t think we can get the lid back on it.”
- “I don’t believe the White House just found out about this in a news report.”
- “I got to tell you, where you’re sitting, you should be outraged — and you’re not. The American people should be outraged, and they are.”
- “This reconfirms everything the American public believes! This is a huge blow to the faith and trust the American people have in their government!”
- “Is there any limit to the scope of where you folks can go?”
- “It’s sure as hell intimidating. And I don’t’ know that I got any answers from you today.”
- “I am more concerned today than I was before. The fact that you all can do just about anything you want to anybody. You know, you can put anybody out of business that you want anytime you want.”
- “And when the IRS comes in, you’re not allowed to be shoddy, you’re not allowed to be run horribly, you’re not allowed to make mistakes, you’re not allowed to do one damn thing that doesn’t come in compliance. If you do, you’re held responsible right then.”
- “This is absolutely an overreach and this is an outrage for all America!”
you can watch the impassioned speech below and watch the gallery erupt:
- The Scathing Speech That Just Got a Standing Ovation During the IRS Hearing (theblaze.com)
- The Scathing Speech That Just Got a Standing Ovation During the IRS Hearing (usapartisan.com)
- Congressman gets standing O for nailing IRS chief (wnd.com)
- Congressman Goes On Berating Rant At Ousted IRS Commissioner And Gets A Standing Ovation (businessinsider.com)
- Independents, Republicans believe IRS, Benghazi scandals deserve further investigation (theblaze.com)
- AWESOME! Rep Mike Kelly Receives Standing Ovation After Epic Rant at IRS Hearing (Video) (thegatewaypundit.com)
“Is terror going to raise a white flag?” Exactly. Somebody in our government must define victory in this (undeclared) war on an ideology. What does victory look like? How will we know when we are victorious? Without a definition of victory, this (undeclared) war will continue ad infinitum – an ongoing, never ending justification to infringe on more and more of our rights. Something is seriously wrong.
A secret audio recording of a stop-and-frisk in action sheds unprecedented light on a practice that has put the city’s young people of color in the NYPD’s crosshairs.
Uploaded on Nov 16, 2010
NYPD officer Adrian Schoolcraft secretly records NYPD top brass giving orders that tickets must be written and arrest must be made or there will be hell to pay. He goes on to say that orders were given to harass people so vigorously that they will not even want to step foot outside in fear of being arrested or ticketed.
The police are nothing more than an organized crime syndicate which has fooled us into believing they are here to protect us. When was the last time you seen a cop save somebody or help you for that matter? You can’t even look at a cop without him giving you a dirty look and finding you suspicious of a crime, that’s if your not a young pretty girl or boy for that matter.
- Queens District Attorney: ‘No Crime to Throw Whistle-Blower Cop in Psych Ward’
- NYPD Cops Caught Hunting Citizens During Thanksgiving Holiday (informationliberation.com)
- Ex-NYPD Cop Reveals How Not to Get a Ticket – Yahoo! (coralvillecourier.typepad.com)
Via Truth Squad TV
- Kind NY Cop, Larry DePrimo, Helps Homeless Man And Goes Viral On The Net | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- NYPD Officer on the Rights of the Public to Film Cops (sgtreport.com)
- Queens District Attorney: ‘No Crime to Throw Whistle-Blower Cop in Psych Ward’ (aftermathnews.wordpress.com)
- There ARE Good Cops Out There: This Police Detective Wants More Cop Watch (sgtreport.com)
By now, anybody who even casually follows the Tenther movement and the liberty movement in general has likely heard about the secession petitions circulating. Yesterday, I had personally gone from only hearing about Louisiana, to hearing my State of New Jersey had one too, to hearing the count was up to twenty States. That could be an old number by the time this makes it into the Tenth Amendment Center blog.
The language of these petitions is interesting, as they “ask” the federal government to let said States peaceably withdraw from the United States. Although I confess to having signed, originally for Louisiana upon first finding out, and then for New Jersey, it was more out of curiosity than anything else.
Apparently, any State circulating these petitions requires a minimum of 25,000 signatures within thirty days in order to receive a White House response. Texas has nearly double the required signatures, and Louisiana is likely a day away from hitting the threshold. Several states are beyond halfway there. Check to see if your State is on the list. While you’re at it, go ahead and sign, so you can get your response. The most likely response from the White House is a familiar word to anybody in the nullification movement, “No.”
Meanwhile, throughout the United States, two States legalized marijuana, this Election Day, not just for medicinal use, but for general use. Others nullified the Affordable Care Act, also known as ObamaCare, or in New Jersey as PalloneCare. Governors in other States have stated flat out they will not implement the ACA. They are not asking permission to opt out. They are not asking the federal government to refrain from enforcing it in their State. They are telling D.C. how it will be. Whether or not their State remains in the union, they are going to do things their way.
Back to secession.
MORE . . .
- Three and Counting: Another State Considers Obamacare Nullification (tenthamendmentcenter.com)
by jim hoft
Twenty states have now started petitions on the White House website to peacefully secede from the United States. In less than one week Texas and Louisiana are already close to having the 24,000 signatures needed before the Obama Administration will respond to their request.
With the president’s lackluster campaign and miserable four-year record nearly behind them and the media safely ignoring the Benghazi coverup, Democrats are stepping up the voter intimidation phase of the Obama re-election effort.
King Obama, fresh off a harrowing series of Hurricane Sandy photo ops, returned to his usual ways, calling for supporters to seek “revenge” against Mitt Romney.
At a campaign stop in Ohio on Friday, the sparse crowd began booing at the mention of Romney’s name. The Man Who Would Be King told audience members, “Vote! Voting’s the best revenge!”
“Revenge” for what, exactly? If anyone should be the target of voters’ desire for vengeance, it should be the current officeholder, but logic is the last thing to expect from a campaign that has spent its time focusing on Big Bird, tax returns and persuading young women to lose their virginity. (See a funny parody here.)
Obama and his followers feed each other. They pick up on his hate-mongering vibe and he perpetuates the cycle by encouraging their blood lust. Like yin and yang, it’s hard to tell where one begins and the other ends.
True to form for Democrats, Obama supporters have been burning up Twitter and other social media with threats to riot if the Anointed One does not win on Tuesday.
“I’ma start riot if Obama don’t win,” Vanna Jamie James tweeted in one of the less vulgar posts in the past few days. Along with threats to start riots, there have also been threats to shoot Romney if he wins. (Here’s hoping the Secret Service is on that.)
HBO host Bill Maher, naturally, had to pile on: “If you’re thinking about voting for Mitt Romney, I would like to make this one plea: black people know who you are and they will come after you.”
MORE . . .
- Now Entering the Voter Intimidation Phase (godfatherpolitics.com)