Category Archives: Politically Correct
Via Truth Squad TV
- Kind NY Cop, Larry DePrimo, Helps Homeless Man And Goes Viral On The Net | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- NYPD Officer on the Rights of the Public to Film Cops (sgtreport.com)
- Queens District Attorney: ‘No Crime to Throw Whistle-Blower Cop in Psych Ward’ (aftermathnews.wordpress.com)
- There ARE Good Cops Out There: This Police Detective Wants More Cop Watch (sgtreport.com)
Popular Mechanics has spent some time cruising in a 2012 Mitsubishi i-MiEV, and driving it taught us some of the real-world quirks of owning an EV. Ron Moore learned a lot from getting his hands on an i-MiEV, too. But Moore’s lessons came from ripping the thing apart.
Moore is a training consultant for the National Fire Prevention Association. He, along with a hand-picked team of firefighters, systematically tore apart a donated 2012 i-MiEV last month to educate emergency personnel on the complications high-voltage batteries and electrical systems present.
“It was a perfect opportunity for us,” Moore tells PM. “We were unlimited in what we could do to it.”
Where an ordinary car carries a 12 V battery, an EV might have more like 330 volts in its system, Moore says. That not only presents an increased immediate danger to first responders, but also puts new kinks into how they ensure a car is completely shut down.
Typically, firefighters disconnect the battery to kill any live wires within the vehicle, Moore says. But with EVs and hybrids, this isn’t the case. Just disconnecting the 12V battery from the Mitsubishi does nothing to kill the power, Moore says. The car’s larger 330 V lithium-ion battery is supplying power to both the vehicle’s drivetrain and accessories.
MORE . . .
- Mitsubishi i-MiEV EV Becomes Firefighter Training Tool (earthtechling.com)
- Toyota working on sodium-ion batteries that will extend EV range to 500-1,000 kilometers (inautonews.com)
via Hot Air
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has been on the receiving end of a firestorm of criticism lately, particularly for his ham handed handling of the Hurricane Sandy recovery. But this story is almost too stupid to check.
Mayor Bloomberg has snubbed Borough President Markowitz’s impassioned plea to bring the National Guard to Hurricane Sandy-scarred Brooklyn — arguing that approving the Beep’s request would be a waste of federal manpower and turn the borough into a police state.
“We don’t need it,” Mayor Bloomberg said on Wednesday during a press update on the city’s ongoing Hurricane Sandy cleanup. “The NYPD is the only people we want on the street with guns.”
I’m not sure, but I think we’re witnessing the complete implosion of somebody who was once considered a pretty influential politician on the rise. Yes, Bloomberg doesn’t much care for the Second Amendment and doesn’t want people to have guns. We get it. But we’re talking about the National Guard here. Has this guy completely lost his mind?
This is a time when leaders up and down the east coast are loudly singing the praises of the National Guard for their rapid deployment and efficient rescue, recovery and security work. It’s also a time when people out on Staten Island are hanging on by a thread, with looting and violence being a serious threat on top of the hurricane’s destruction. Who in their right mind even suggests that Guardsmen carrying their weapons is an issue at a time like this? I understand wanting to express your support of and confidence in the police department and the firefighters, but even some of the finest first responders in the nation are completely swamped by the magnitude of this disaster. They could use the help and the Guard stands ready to provide it.
It’s already become pretty obvious that Bloomberg’s goal is to become the counterweight to the NRA in America, so these tendencies shouldn’t come as a complete surprise. But between this and trying to go ahead with the marathon while they were still pulling bodies out of the rubble in his city, this entire tragic episode seems to have served as a spotlight on exactly how bad this guy’s management of the city has been. Hey, Mr. Mayor! Next time you’re mulling over your next idiotic decision, please try to keep the following image in mind.
- Bloomberg kept National Guard out of NYC because they had guns? (hotair.com)
- Bloomberg Refuses National Guard Entry Into Brooklyn Because They Carry Guns (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Anti-gun Bloomberg turns down help from the gun-toting National Guard (theblaze.com)
- Report: Bloomberg Denied National Guard Assistance in Brooklyn Because of Their Possession of Guns: … (pjmedia.com)
Add Facebook to the cadre of media that are helping President Obama cover up his responsibility for the deaths of four Americans in Benghazi, Libya.
The Special Operations Speaks PAC last week posted an image comparing SEALs’ loyalty when Obama needed them to how two SEALs were ignored by the White House during the firefight at the U.S. mission on September 11. The meme was shared by more than 30,000 and seen by hundreds of thousands of people.
Over the weekend, Facebook apparently panicked, pulled the image and gave SOS a warning that it was in violation of Facebook policy.
Larry Ward, president of Political Media Inc., which maintains the SEALs page, told Breitbart that he copied the Facebook warning and reposted the original image with the warning as a caption.
As a result, Facebook suspended SOS for 24 hours.
And yes, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg is said to be an Obama supporter.
MORE . . .
- Facebook Censors Navy SEALs to Protect Obama on Benghazi-Gate (thegrimcreeper.newsvine.com)
- WOMEN’S GROUP Slams Obama For Abandoning SEALs in Benghazi (Video) (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Facebook Censors Navy Seals To Protect Obama On Benghazi-Gate (redalertpolitics.com)
- Facebook Censors Navy Seals to Protect Obama on Benghazi-gate (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- Facebook Closes Down SEALs to Shield Obama (moonbattery.com)