He knows everything. And yet he seems to know nothing. He’s passionate about the details of domestic policy but wasn’t privy to the details of his own legacy law. He’s an academic with a command of every issue at once but seemingly only finds out what his administration is doing in news reports. He’s so brilliant every normal endeavor he’s tried has bored him, but he couldn’t bother to entertain himself with more than one monthly meeting on the make-or-break program of his presidency. He’s the captain of the Culture of Competency who has overseen the most incompetent rollout of an entitlement program in history.
I was struck by a moment in President Obama’s press conference today where this paradox was on full display. The president floated, throughout the press conference, from profession of utter ignorance to confident declaration and directive. Allahpundit noted that Obama distanced himself from the website’s problems by saying he was never informed of its problems. He knew nothing.
PRESIDENT OBAMA: OK. On the website, I was not informed directly that the website would not be working as — the way it was supposed to. Has I been informed, I wouldn’t be going out saying, boy, this is going to be great. You know, I’m accused of a lot of things, but I don’t think I’m stupid enough to go around saying, this is going to be like shopping on Amazon or Travelocity, a week before the website opens, if I thought that it wasn’t going to work.
So, clearly, we and I did not have enough awareness about the problems in the website. Even a week into it, the thinking was that these were some glitches that would be fixed with patches, as opposed to some broader systemic problems that took much longer to fix and we’re still working on them.
Neat how his ignorance is proof of his smarts. “I don’t think I’m stupid enough…”
- The ignorant omniscience of President Obama (hotair.com)
- Article Reveals “Obama’s Ignorance” (bluegrassbulletin.com)
- President Obama was in the dark on HealthCare.gov problems (bizjournals.com)
- Obama: I’m not stupid enough to mislead on Obamacare website (washingtontimes.com)
- Obama Likens Health Care Law To Forcing People to ‘Buy a New Car’ (+video) (joemiller.us)
- Obama Pleads Ignorance (americanthinker.com)
- M.K.Ham: ‘The Ignorant Omniscience of President Obama’ (deadcitizensrightssociety.wordpress.com)
- Obama: No One Told Me About Obamacare’s Problems (freebeacon.com)
- President Obama’s Other Remarks Yesterday (academeblog.org)
- Humbled and fumbled: Obama’s top 5 Obamacare screw ups (rare.us)
On Friday, Rush Limbaugh issued a fiery response to Oprah Winfrey’s claim that the “disrespect” President Barack Obama faces is, in “many cases,” due to the fact that he is black. Oprah made the comments during an interview with BBC.
“Just the level of disrespect, when the senator yelled out, ‘You’re a liar!’ Remember that? Yeah, I think that there’s a level of disrespect for the office that occurs, and that occurs in some cases and maybe even many cases because he’s African-American,” Oprah said in the interview. “There’s no question about that. And it’s the kind of thing that nobody ever says but everybody’s thinking it.”
Immediately after playing the audio, Limbaugh asked of Oprah: “Then how the hell did you become who you are?”
“Why hasn’t anybody in your audience, Oprah, ever said, ‘You lie!’? Because you have. It wasn’t a senator, Oprah. It was a congressman by the name of Joe Wilson, and he was right. Obama was lying,” Limbaugh added.
The radio host said he had to be “really careful” because Oprah is a “goddess to a lot of people,” but he still didn’t seem to hold back much.
“These people are not nearly as smart as they think they are, and they don’t know nearly what they think they know,” he continued. “They are embarrassingly ignorant. It wasn’t a senator. It was a congressman. And it’s not because he was black. It’s because he was lying, Oprah! He’s lying now!”
Listen to the audio via the Daily Rushbo:
- Limbaugh Goes Off on Oprah Over Racism Charge: ‘It’s Because He Was Lying, Oprah!’ | TheBlaze.com (rubinoworld.com)
- Limbaugh Goes Off on Oprah Over Racism Charge: ‘It’s Because He Was Lying, Oprah!’ (theblaze.com)
- Limbaugh Goes Off on Oprah Over Racism Charge: ‘It’s Because He Was Lying, Oprah!’ (redflagnews.com)
- Limbaugh to Oprah: ‘How the Hell Did You Become Who You Are’ If Obama Faces Racism? (mediaite.com)
- Limbaugh Goes Off on Oprah Over Racism Charge: ‘It’s Because He Was Lying, Oprah!’ (gopthedailydose.com)
- Rush Limbaugh Attacks Oprah Over Obama, Race Comments (AUDIO) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Limbaugh Tees Off On Oprah Over Recent Defense Of Obama (ijreview.com)
- One media giant calls out another for epic hypocrisy: ‘My God, Oprah!’ (bizpacreview.com)
- Oprah Winfrey: Obama is victim of racism; racists ‘just have to die’ (bizpacreview.com)
- Oprah Tells BBC: Many Americans ‘Disrespect’ Obama Because He’s Black (mediaite.com)
This billboard debuted this week on Interstate 205 near Estacada in Oregon. It reminds voters of who voted for the ObamaCare debacle. You own it Democrats President Barack Obama, Governor John Kitzhaber, Senator Ron Wyden and Senator Jeff Merkley.
We need more of these. Jeff Merkley voted for ObamaCare and for the “grandfather” clause that destroyed millions of individual insurance policies. He knew what he was doing.He’s one of the 15 Senators up for re-election in 2014 and now he wants to change the subject. We shouldn’t let him.
Not only did Barack Obama lie about Obamacare, Democrats knew he was lying all along. The lies were part of the plan. Had they told people the truth about what they wanted to do, they couldn’t have even gotten a majority of Democrats to vote for the law.
- Oregon Billboard Slams Democrats for LYING ABOUT OBAMACARE | Right Wing News (rubinoworld.com)
- Why Lie?… Oregon Billboard Bashes Democrats on Obamacare (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Jeff Merkley acknowledges he failed to foresee wave of health insurance cancellations (oregonlive.com)
- How Jeff Merkley of Oregon became a favorite senator of the activist left (oregonlive.com)
- GOP hits Jeff Merkley on Obamacare as new Republican enters Senate race: Oregon politics today (oregonlive.com)
- Abandon ship: Blue-state Dem Jeff Merkley to co-sponsor Landrieu’s version of the “Keep Your Plan Act” (ivoter.com)
- Merkley co-sponsors Landrieu bill to allow consumers to keep health plans (dailykos.com)
- Merkley, Feinstein Back Landrieu’s Bill To Unwind Obamacare Market Reforms (talkingpointsmemo.com)
- Obamacare is in much more trouble than it was one week ago (washingtonpost.com)
- No Reprieve for the Obamacare Dozen (rushlimbaugh.com)
Jackie Mason Blasts Obama: “The Whole Country Wonders if This Guy’s President. He Sounds More Like a Maniac in an Asylum” | The Gateway Pundit
World Net Daily reported:
Legendary comedian Jackie Mason has uncorked a full-blown assault on President Obama and his troubled attempt at providing health care for Americans.
“It’s such a ridiculous thing. The whole country’s walking around wondering if this guy’s really the president of a country. He sounds more like a maniac in an asylum,” Mason said in a radio interview Sunday night.
“He’s saying things that nobody believes. He was always lying every day of his life. Every time he talks it was a lie. The only time he tells the truth is when you didn’t hear from him.”
“This is becoming so ridiculous, that even the biggest liar can’t top himself,” Mason, 76, told host Aaron Klein on WABC in New York City. “He looks at you straight in the face, and tells you that if you want your plan, you got your plan, you keep your plan. Now, a month-and-a-half later, you got no plan, you lost your plan, and he tells you you still got a plan.”
(NOTE: this audio version has been edited to only include comments regarding Obama. For the full version go to Klein Online.)
- Jackie Mason Blasts Obama: “The Whole Country Wonders if This Guy’s President. He Sounds More Like a Maniac in an Asylum” (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Famous comic flays Obama as lying ‘maniac’ (mobile.wnd.com)
- Famous comic flays Obama as lying ‘maniac’ (wnd.com)
- Legendary comedian absolutely tears lying ‘maniac’ Obama to shreds (ivoter.com)
- Legendary comedian absolutely tears lying ‘maniac’ Obama to shreds (bizpacreview.com)
- Obama Destroyed! Lying Maniac Should Be Jailed Or Institutionalized According To Famous Comedian (gopthedailydose.com)
- Legendary Comedian Blasts President, Calls Obama a Lying Maniac (1800politics.com)
- Legendary Comic Jackie Mason Blasts Obama’s “Blatant” ObamaCare Lies “Sounds Like Maniac In Asylum” (ironicsurrealism.com)
- Jackie Mason: Obama a ‘Liar,’ ‘Out of Touch with Humanity’ (breitbart.com)
The videos show Obama promising 300 million Americans that “if you like your health-care plan, you will be able to keep your health-care plan, period.”
But that’s not what he really said, Obama announced Monday in a speech to about 200 Organizing for Action supporters, gathered at the St. Regis hotel in D.C.
“What we said was you could keep it if it hasn’t changed since the law was passed,” he told Obamacare’s political beneficiaries and contractors.
That claim is not supported by his videotaped statements, which don’t include any mention of his new “if it hasn’t changed” exception.
- Give It A Rest … Obama In Trauma (sandiateaparty.com)
- Obama denies ‘you can keep it’ videotaped promises (patriotrising.com)
- Obama denies ‘you can keep it’ videotaped promises (gopthedailydose.com)
These aren’t forgivable glitches that no one could have foreseen. They’re unforced, avoidable errors that show signs of being difficult to fix.
Observers could reasonably dismiss the earliest reports of Obamacare website failures. Multiple glitches at launch aren’t ideal, but they happen to even successful projects. So long as the overall effort was competently run, there was no reason to panic: If most everything was as it should’ve been, fixes could’ve been made quickly.
But Obamacare wasn’t competently run.
It’s too early to know exactly what is wrong or how long it will take to fix. But the latest reporting on rollout problems reveals that they’re “the result of gross negligence, ignorance, and the violation of engineering best practices at just about every step of the way,” as Dan Hanson persuasively argues at Marginal Revolution.
- The Stunning Negligence That Doomed Obamacare’s Launch (theatlantic.com)
- The stunning negligence that doomed Obamacare (rare.us)
- Conor Friedersdorf Peeks at My Ideology (lawfareblog.com)
- Why newspapers often don’t call out politicians for lying (nextlevelofnews.com)
- Robert Farley on Conor Friedersdorf: Repudiate! Refudiate!: Noted (delong.typepad.com)
- Wonkbook: Maybe the NSA should just run HealthCare.Gov (washingtonpost.com)
- A Peek at the Ideology of a Prominent NSA Defender – Conor Friedersdorf – The Atlantic (theatlantic.com)
- Conor Friedersdorf: U.S. should own up to civilian drone deaths (ocregister.com)
- Why Does Conor Friedersdorf Work for the Greater Evil? Weblogging (delong.typepad.com)
NBC News: White House Has Known For At Least 3 Years Millions Would Lose Coverage Due to ObamaCare | NewsBusters
In his sales pitch for ObamaCare, the President regularly told Americans that if they liked their current health insurance policies, they could keep them.
A blockbuster report just published at NBCNews.com by Lisa Myers and Hannah Rappleye not only completely refutes this, but claims that the Administration has known for at least three years that millions would lose their coverage due to ObamaCare’s implementation:
President Obama repeatedly assured Americans that after the Affordable Care Act became law, people who liked their health insurance would be able to keep it. But millions of Americans are getting or are about to get cancellation letters for their health insurance under Obamacare, say experts, and the Obama administration has known that for at least three years.Four sources deeply involved in the Affordable Care Act tell NBC NEWS that 50 to 75 percent of the 14 million consumers who buy their insurance individually can expect to receive a “cancellation” letter or the equivalent over the next year because their existing policies don’t meet the standards mandated by the new health care law. One expert predicts that number could reach as high as 80 percent. And all say that many of those forced to buy pricier new policies will experience “sticker shock.”
None of this should come as a shock to the Obama administration. The law states that policies in effect as of March 23, 2010 will be “grandfathered,” meaning consumers can keep those policies even though they don’t meet requirements of the new health care law. But the Department of Health and Human Services then wrote regulations that narrowed that provision, by saying that if any part of a policy was significantly changed since that date — the deductible, co-pay, or benefits, for example — the policy would not be grandfathered.
Buried in Obamacare regulations from July 2010 is an estimate that because of normal turnover in the individual insurance market, “40 to 67 percent” of customers will not be able to keep their policy. And because many policies will have been changed since the key date, “the percentage of individual market policies losing grandfather status in a given year exceeds the 40 to 67 percent range.”
That means the administration knew that more than 40 to 67 percent of those in the individual market would not be able to keep their plans, even if they liked them.
But there’s more:
- NBC News: Obama Admin. Knew Millions Would Not Be Able to Keep Their Health Insurance for at Least 3 Years, Promised It Anyway (theblaze.com)
- NBC Sources: Obama Knew That Millions Would Lose Coverage (minx.cc)
- NBC News: Hundreds Of Thousands Lose Insurance Due To Obamacare (libertycrier.com)
- Obama Reportedly Knew Millions Wouldn’t Get To Keep Their Health Insurance But Promised It Anyway (businessinsider.com)
- Obama Administration Admits it Knew that Millions Would Lose Their Insurance Because of Healthcare Law (blackchristiannews.com)
- Obama admin. knew millions could not keep their health insurance (investigations.nbcnews.com)
- CBS: Millions of cancellations and skyrocketing costs the big problem of ObamaCare (hotair.com)
- NBCNEWS: Obama knew millions would lose health plans… (investigations.nbcnews.com)
- NBC: Obama Knew Millions Of Americans Could Not Keep Their Health Insurance Under Obamacare (patdollard.com)
In the face of the ObamaScare disaster, Obastard and his mainstream cronies are doing their very liberal best to convince us the president didn’t really mean it when he said 4,000 times, “you could keep your insurance if you like it.”
Yet over at the official white house web page we find the following:
Just in case they do figure out their web page is contradicting their latest lies, i’ve archived a copy here in PDF format.
- Valerie Jarrett: Obamacare doesn’t force you off your plan; your insurance company does, by complying with Obamacare! (hotair.com)
- 60 Minutes: yes, America, the Obama Administration lied to you about Benghazi (humanevents.com)
- 60 Minutes confirms Benghazi is a real scandal, and you’ve been lied to (ihatethemedia.com)
- Rep. Joe Wilson Vindicated: Obama Repeatedly Lied to the American Public on Obamacare (Video) (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Woodward on Obama Admin Scandals: It’s a Rat’s Nest of Concealment and Lies (1800politics.com)
- Obama Knew Promise You Could Keep Your Insurance Was A Lie (townhall.com)
- Democrats Call On Obama Administration To Delay Health Care Deadlines As Problems Persist (huffingtonpost.com)
- 60 Minutes: Benghazi Is Too Awful a Scandal to Cover Up (powerlineblog.com)
This might be the singularity we’ve all been waiting for. Infowars, the site that’s brought you such stories as “Mainstream Journalists Expose 9/11 Hoax” and “Syria’s ‘Chemical Weapons’ Turn Out to Be Sodium Flouride,” is out with a report on the “nut-job Obama supporters” who think a “right-wing conspiracy” is behind heathcare.gov’s failures.
“Many Obama supporters have taken to social media,” reports David Barton, ”to float the notion that the Koch brothers, Charles G. and David H. Koch, the billionaire industrialists, are funding an army of techies and hackers to somehow infiltrate and take down the Healthcare.gov website.”
What follows is a list of random people on Twitter. The most high-profile person I’ve seen forwarding the theory is the mayor of Elizabeth, N.J.
Twitchy, which lives for this sort of thing, has its own list; the amount of overlap between the two aggregations suggests that the universe of people sharing the opinion is pretty small. Occam’s razor: An Obama administration that’s now scrambling for any reason to explain why the site’s not reactive enough would not cover it up if somebody seemed to be DDoS’ing it. Actually, when asked whether a DDoS was possible, a Health and Human Services spokesman said this had already been looked into and dismissed.
But the first whiff of conspiracy theorizing has a way of seeping out. The tone of Susan Ferrechio’s item on Nancy Pelosi’s Obamacare worries makes Pelosi sound downright crazy.
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi believes the new health care law should move forward without delay and said that “sabotage” by Republicans, and not just computer glitches, is hindering implementation.
Pelosi said the offices of some Republican lawmakers “are not giving information to constituents for how they can avail themselves” of the new program. Republicans are withholding the information, Pelosi said, “to undermine the Affordable Care Act.”
This is a real thing that’s happened.
[end] Via slate.com.
- New Hotness On The Left: Obamacare Was Sabotaged!!11! (minx.cc)
- Deranged liberals blame Obamacare website failures on nefarious Kochspiracy (twitchy.com)
- Delusional Nutsack Nancy Pelosi: Republican ‘Sabotage’ Hindering ObamaCare Disaster (mikesright.wordpress.com)
- Charlie Veitch, the 9/11 Conspiracy Theorist Who Realized He Was Duped (illuminutti.com)
- Alex Jones Insists the Kenyan Terrorist Attack Was Orchestrated by President Obama (illuminutti.com)
- How “The Matrix” inspired Conspiracy Theorists (and Vice-Verse) (illuminutti.com)
- 5 Things I’ve noticed about… 9/11 Conspiracy Theories (illuminutti.com)
- If the Government is shut down, then who is paying the shills? (illuminutti.com)
Imagine . . . just imagine . . . if this was somebody on Fox News saying, “Can We Get ‘Rap Music’ for president Obama?
It would be cries of racism from here to eternity.
“We’re going to call this the Senator Ted Cruz jobs report.”
- CNBC HOST: Can We Get ‘Mexican Music’ for Ted Cruz? (truthrevolt.org)
- VIDEO: CNBC’s Steve Liesman Says Mexican Music Should Be Played Behind Ted Cruz (ijreview.com)
- CNBC Reporter Wants ‘Mexican Music’ Playing For Ted Cruz Story (breitbart.com)
- CNBC Reporter Asks for ‘Mexican Music’ to Go With Ted Cruz Story (mediaite.com)
- CNBC Host’s Stunning Slam on Ted Cruz: ‘Can We Get Some…Mexican Music, Maybe?’ | Video (theblaze.com)
- CNBC’s Liesman: Can We Play Some “Mexican Music” While We Talk About Ted Cruz? (thedailyblogreport.wordpress.com)
- CNBC Anchor: Can we play some Mexican Music for Ted Cruz? (lunaticoutpost.com)
- TRUTH: FOX Proves Racism; Asks For African Music During Obama Segment (therionorteline.com)
October 21, 2013
Obama addressed the nation this morning, flanked by those who claim they’ve enrolled in Obamacare. Wouldn’t you hate to have been the bureaucrat in charge of finding those people? Like needles in a haystack! But anyway … Obama acknowledged that Healthcare.gov “hasn’t worked as smoothly as it was supposed to work.” That’s an understatement, Mr. President. But then he went on to blame it on the number of people visiting the website, which we know is just not true. The website design is deeply flawed and today we found out that it is going to take a re-write of 5 million lines of code to make it usable. That has nothing to do with website traffic.
Today Obama stressed the administration’s new ‘tech surge’ in order to fix the site. Too little, too late? But Obama tried to remind the American people that Obamacare is more than a website.
The problem is that people have to use websites in order to sign up for Obamacare or soon they will face a fine! Now the administration is pushing signing up over the telephone. He went as far so as to give out the phone number during his address! So Sean decided to call that ObamaCare help phone number…live…on the air! Listen below:
[END] via The Sean Hannity Show
- Find Out What Happens When Sean Hannity Calls Obamacare Hotline (theblaze.com)
- @SeanHannity calls ACA 800 line, hilarity ensues! #SOTR (stacyontheright.com)
- Obamacare Hotline Operator Admits to Hannity: No One Likes Obamacare (pjmedia.com)
The state’s Freedom of Health Care Protection Act intends to “prohibit certain individuals from enforcing or attempting to enforce such unconstitutional laws; and to establish criminal penalties and civil liability for violating this article.”
The measure permits the state Attorney General, with reasonable cause, “to restrain by temporary restraining order, temporary injunction, or permanent injunction” any person who is believed to be causing harm to any person or business with the implementation of Obamacare.
- South Carolina House passes bill making ‘Obamacare’ implementation a crime (globalclarity.wordpress.com)
- South Carolina Legislature Passes Bill Criminalizing ObamaCare Implementation In State (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- South Carolina House passes bill making ‘Obamacare’ implementation a crime (dancingczars.wordpress.com)
- OH YEAH! South Carolina House Passes Bill Making ‘Obamacare’ Implementation a Crime (thelastgreatstand.com)
- South Carolina Legislature Passes Law Making Implementation Of ObamaCare A Crime (ijreview.com)
Kerry signs UN arms treaty, senators threaten to block it..
Secretary of State John Kerry on Wednesday signed a controversial U.N. treaty on arms regulation, riling U.S. lawmakers who vow the Senate will not ratify the agreement.
As he signed the document, Kerry called the treaty a “significant step” in addressing illegal gun sales, while claiming it would also protect gun rights.
“This is about keeping weapons out of the hands of terrorists and rogue actors. This is about reducing the risk of international transfers of conventional arms that will be used to carry out the world’s worst crimes. This is about keeping Americans safe and keeping America strong,” he said. “This treaty will not diminish anyone’s freedom. In fact, the treaty recognizes the freedom of both individuals and states to obtain, possess, and use arms for legitimate purposes.”
U.S. lawmakers, though, have long claimed the treaty could lead to new gun control measures. They note the U.S. Senate has final say on whether to approve the agreement.
Sen. Bob Corker, R-Tenn., in a letter to President Obama, urged his administration not to take any action to implement the treaty without the consent of the Senate.
He claimed the treaty raises “fundamental issues” concerning “individual rights protected by the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution.”
New York Times Exposes Marxist Mayoral Candidate, just endorsed by Obama..
A new kind of investigative reporting was unveiled at The New York Times on Monday. A story about the communist connections of a major politician was plastered across page 19 of the paper. Democratic mayoral candidate Bill de Blasio, just endorsed by President Obama, was the subject of a long story about his support for the Communist Sandinistas in Nicaragua in the 1980s.
Whatever the reason for the scrutiny, the paper has opened the door to additional investigations of Democratic Party politicians, including Obama himself.
The story represents vindication for the late Senator Joseph McCarthy (R-WI), who gave rise to the term, “McCarthyism,” a search for Communist connections and anti-Americanism that was considered objectionable by progressives collaborating with enemies of the U.S. McCarthyism, it seems, is now in vogue at The New York Times.
There’s no reason to stop with de Blasio. Trevor Loudon’s new book The Enemies Within: Communists, Socialists and Progressives in the U.S. Congress, looks at dozens of other Democratic Party politicians who call themselves progressives and have Communist connections that go even deeper than that of de Blasio.
Salon, whose editor has endorsed de Blasio as a “real progressive,” calls the Times article on de Blasio an “anti-lefty hit piece.” By the liberal Times? What is going on here?
“References to his early activism have been omitted from his campaign Web site,” the Times said about de Blasio, in a revelation that could have also applied to Barack Obama’s relationship with Communist Frank Marshall Davis, and his run for the presidency.
So what we have here is a cover-up of the first order.
In de Blasio’s case, the paper undertook investigations that would have made Senator Joe McCarthy proud. It said, “…a review of hundreds of pages of records and more than two dozen interviews suggest his time as a young activist was more influential in shaping his ideology than previously known, and far more political than typical humanitarian work.”
This is simply incredible, as well as admirable, on the part of the Times and its reporter, Javier C. Hernandez. The Communist background of a major political figure has suddenly become newsworthy. The paper even noted that de Blasio went on an illegal honeymoon to Communist Cuba.
It appears that his real “honey” was Fidel Castro. No wonder he is engaged in a cover-up.
Despite the Times’ investigative work, it is clear that more scrutiny is needed, even of his family connections. The Times says de Blasio’s mother, “then working at the Office of War Information in New York, was accused of being a Communist for attending a concert featuring a Soviet band.” It’s doubtful that attending a Soviet concert is all there is to this particular subversive connection.
Bringing the story back to de Blasio, the paper added that he “studied Latin American politics at Columbia and was conversational in Spanish, grew to be an admirer of Nicaragua’s ruling Sandinista party, thrusting himself into one of the most polarizing issues in American politics at the time.”
Trying to explain the situation at the time, the paper said, “The Reagan administration denounced the Sandinistas as tyrannical and Communist, while their liberal backers argued that after years of dictatorship, they were building a free society with broad access to education, land and health care.”
Of course, the Sandinistas were indeed puppets of the Soviets and the Cubans, and remain so to this day, except that the Soviets have become the Russians and the late Hugo Chavez of Venezuela emerged as one of their modern-day mentors, in addition to the Castro brothers.
This is not completely an old news story, since the Sandinistas have returned to power in Nicaragua. Indeed, the Communists are on the rise throughout Latin America.
The Times added that “de Blasio became an ardent supporter of the Nicaraguan revolutionaries. He helped raise funds for the Sandinistas in New York and subscribed to the party’s newspaper, Barricada, or Barricade. When he was asked at a meeting in 1990 about his goals for society, he said he was an advocate of ‘democratic socialism.’”
The Times said de Blasio did most of his work on behalf of the Sandinistas through the Quixote Center in Maryland, a group I came across while writing about the wars in Central America for Human Events in the 1980s. A spin-off, the Christic Institute, filed a frivolous lawsuit against supporters of the Nicaragua freedom fighters. You can still see my 1987 debate with Daniel Sheehan of the Christic Institute on C-SPAN.
When I noted the Communist links of the Christic Institute during the debate, Sheehan’s predictable response was: “Joe McCarthy.” His frivolous lawsuit was thrown out of court in a case that I described as “legal terrorism” against anti-communists.
The FBI file on the Christic Institute is helpful in analyzing its political contacts, such as then-Senator John Kerry, used in order to make support for the anti-Sandinista, pro-freedom cause into a “scandal.”
The Quixote Center was “founded by Catholic leaders,” as the Times points out, but these “leaders” were on the far left and dedicated to the belief that communism and Christianity could mix. It is also known as liberation theology.
De Blasio also raised money for the Nicaragua Solidarity Network, the Times said. “In 1991, at one of his final meetings with the Nicaragua Solidarity Network, he argued that the liberal values the group had defended were ‘far from dead’ around the world, with blossoming movements in places like Mexico, the Philippines, El Salvador and Brazil, according to minutes of the meeting,” the Times reported. “He spoke of a need to understand and build alliances with Islam, predicting it would soon be a dominant force in politics.”
This alliance with Islam is, of course, typical of many leftists, such as Carlos the Jackal, the terrorist trained by the KGB who converted to Islam and became devoted to Osama bin Laden.
Promoting a Marxist alliance with Islam, in view of 9/11 and the anti-American terrorism around the world, is something that takes on ominous and frightening implications.
Such talk is highly relevant today because, as mayor, de Blasio could dismantle the New York Police Department’s aggressive campaign to uncover jihad plots targeting the citizens of that city and the nation.
But Joan Walsh of Salon hails his “bold stands on police controversies.”
He is the frontrunner for mayor and has the endorsement of Barack Obama, who says, “Progressive change is the centerpiece of Bill de Blasio’s vision for New York City, and it’s why he will be a great mayor of America’s largest city.”
As for de Blasio himself, today he, too, “describes himself as a progressive,” the Times reports.
His endorsements include not only Obama and the Clintons, but also such figures as Senator Charles Schumer (D-NY), George Soros, editor of The Nation Katrina vanden Heuvel, Alec Baldwin, Jeffrey Sachs of Columbia University, and former ACORN head Bertha Lewis.
Following up on the Times investigation, the CBS affiliate in New York confirmed, “De Blasio’s official biography on his campaign website makes no mention of his activism.”
Activism? Is that what organizing for communist revolution has become?
In any case, why would he want to hide his “progressive activism” on behalf of the Communists? Perhaps the connections go far beyond what the paper itself calls items on the “social justice” agenda.
In fact, the paper said he gave them a recent interview and that de Blasio said his views then—and now—“represented a mix of admiration for European social democratic movements, Mr. Roosevelt’s New Deal and liberation theology.”
So a mix of communism and Christianity is still appealing to him.
At the bottom of his campaign website, one finds the category of “transparency,” where we find “hosts of campaign-sponsored events,” but nothing about his Marxist background.
It would appear that the Times has uncovered a Pandora’s box of connections that the candidate never wanted to be discovered.
What else is he hiding? And after de Blasio is completely exposed, can we turn our attention to President Obama?
Among influential U.S. political tweeters, President Barack Obama is the undisputed king of the fake followers. A MailOnline analysis ranks his sizable Twitter following as the most deceptive total among the 21 most influential accounts run by American politicians: More than 19.5 million of his 36.9 million Twitter followers are accounts that don’t correspond to real people.
The four phoniest accounts in the sample, which included Democratic and Republican Party leaders in Washington, D.C., were those belonging to President Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, first lady Michelle Obama and the White House communications shop.
Of the president’s 36.9 million Twitter followers, an astonishing 53 per cent – or 19.5 million – are fake accounts, according to a search engine at the Internet research vendor StatusPeople.com. Just 20 per cent of Obama’s Twitter buddies are real people who are active users.
- Obama is Political King of the Fake Twitter Followers (tomohalloran.com)
- SHOCK: Obama has 19.5 MILLION fake TWITTER followers? (redflagnews.com)
- Move over, Michelle. The President’s fake Twitter followers blows everyone else away. (techi.com)
- Obama has 19.5 MILLION fake TWITTER followers? (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- Michelle Obama has nearly 2 million fake Twitter followers (dailycaller.com)
- 55% Of Obama’s Twitter Followers Are Fake (mikesright.wordpress.com)
- Michelle Obama has Nearly 2 Million Fake Twitter Followers (joemiller.us)
- 53% of Obama Twitter Followers Are Fake Accounts (breitbart.com)
- Barack Obama is political king of the fake Twitter followers (canadafreepress.com)
- Michelle Obama Has Over 2 Million Imaginary Friends (thedailysheeple.com)
Do you believe the balls on this piece of shit?
This is what he said in 2012: Obama draws ‘red line’ for Syria on chemical and biological weapons
This is what shithead says now -
“First of all, I didn’t set a red line,” said Obama. “The world set a red line. The world set a red line when governments representing 98 percent of the world’s population said the use of chemical weapons are [inaudble] and passed a treaty forbidding their use, even when countries are engaged in war. Congress set a red line when it ratified that treaty. Congress set a red line when it indicated that in a piece of legislation entitled the Syria Accountability Act that some of the horrendous things happening on the ground there need to be answered for. So, when I said in a press conference that my calculus about what’s happening in Syria would be altered by the use of chemical weapons, which the overwhelming consensus of humanity says is wrong, that wasn’t something I just kind of made up. I didn’t pluck it out of thin air. There’s a reason for it.”
And here’s video of Obama setting a “red line” in regard to Syria, from over a year ago:
- Obama: ‘I Didn’t Set a Red Line’ on Syria… (redflagnews.com)
- Obama: ‘I Didn’t Set a Red Line’ on Syria (ncrenegade.com)
- Obama: ‘I Didn’t Set a Red Line’ (freebeacon.com)
- Historical Revisionism on Who Set Syria’s ‘Red Line’ (nationalreview.com)
- Obama Argues for Syria Strike: ‘I Didn’t Set a Red Line, The World Did’ (mediaite.com)
- Obama says he ‘didn’t set a red line’ (huffingtonpost.com)
Although President Obama hasn’t yet decided how to deal with Syria, Secretary of State John Kerry used his harshest language yet on Monday, accusing the Syrian government of committing a “cowardly crime” and a “moral obscenity” by using chemical weapons to attack civilians. There’s just one problem for Kerry: An awkward photo is going viral showing him and his wife having a cozy dinner with the Assads in 2009.
In February 2009, before the proverbial Sh*t hit the proverbial fan, Kerry led a delegation to engage Syria. It was a “frank exchange” of ideas and talk about the possibility of peace in the region.
- They Look Pretty Happy And Relaxed! The Awkward Photo John Kerry Doesn’t Want You to See (strangesounds.org)
- Syria to Secretary of State John Kerry: You’re lying (washingtontimes.com)
- John Kerry Delivers Obama’s War Declaration Against Syria (21stcenturywire.com)
- Kerry: Syria’s chemical arms use ‘moral obscenity’ (stltoday.com)
- Syria’s use of chemical weapons against its own people is a ‘moral obscenity’ – John Kerry (voiceofrussia.com)
- Kerry: Chemical use in Syria a “moral obscenity” (en.trend.az)
- John Kerry went on a motorcycle ride with Bashar al-Assad described him as ‘generous with me’ (fireandreamitchell.com)
- John Kerry: Evidence of attack ‘real and compelling’ (itv.com)
- Skull & Bones Secret Occultist -Did John Kerry Orchestrate The Chemical Weapons Attack in Syria? (streetdemocracy.wordpress.com)
- No Proof, But Kerry Insists Syria Allegations ‘Undeniable’ (news.antiwar.com)
The latest casualty of Obamacare may be a low-cost New Jersey health-care policy. Though President Obama promised “if you like your health care plan, you’ll be able to keep your health care plan, period,” that will not be the case for approximately 106,000 New Jersey residents whose plans will disappear under the law.
Known as the “basic and essential,” or B&E, health-care plans, the policy costs as little as a couple hundred dollars per month and is the choice of 71 percent of New Jersey residents on the individual insurance market. It provides minimum coverage for things such as doctor’s visits and procedures that don’t involve a hospital stay. According to the Newark Star-Ledger, B&E policy holders will, under Obamacare, “be left with may be a choice among pricey, pricier and priciest” plans.
So what happened to the B&E plans? They don’t meet the regulations imposed by the Affordable Care Act because they do not cover services that the law will force every individual health-insurance plan to provide. The Star-Ledger warns that B&E customers who don’t qualify for a federal tax credit to purchase insurance can likely expect an three or fourfold increase in the cost of their next plan. According to Rutgers University’s Center for State Health Policy director Joel Cantor, the monthly plans of $150 for a 25-year-old male or $1,100 for a family with parents in their 40s will “easily” be three or four times more for a standard policy on the individual market.
Last year, about a quarter of those enrolled in B&E plans were under the age of 24. The plan is also popular among those who retire early and are looking for cheap coverage before they qualify for Medicare.