He knows everything. And yet he seems to know nothing. He’s passionate about the details of domestic policy but wasn’t privy to the details of his own legacy law. He’s an academic with a command of every issue at once but seemingly only finds out what his administration is doing in news reports. He’s so brilliant every normal endeavor he’s tried has bored him, but he couldn’t bother to entertain himself with more than one monthly meeting on the make-or-break program of his presidency. He’s the captain of the Culture of Competency who has overseen the most incompetent rollout of an entitlement program in history.
I was struck by a moment in President Obama’s press conference today where this paradox was on full display. The president floated, throughout the press conference, from profession of utter ignorance to confident declaration and directive. Allahpundit noted that Obama distanced himself from the website’s problems by saying he was never informed of its problems. He knew nothing.
PRESIDENT OBAMA: OK. On the website, I was not informed directly that the website would not be working as — the way it was supposed to. Has I been informed, I wouldn’t be going out saying, boy, this is going to be great. You know, I’m accused of a lot of things, but I don’t think I’m stupid enough to go around saying, this is going to be like shopping on Amazon or Travelocity, a week before the website opens, if I thought that it wasn’t going to work.
So, clearly, we and I did not have enough awareness about the problems in the website. Even a week into it, the thinking was that these were some glitches that would be fixed with patches, as opposed to some broader systemic problems that took much longer to fix and we’re still working on them.
Neat how his ignorance is proof of his smarts. “I don’t think I’m stupid enough…”
- The ignorant omniscience of President Obama (hotair.com)
- Article Reveals “Obama’s Ignorance” (bluegrassbulletin.com)
- President Obama was in the dark on HealthCare.gov problems (bizjournals.com)
- Obama: I’m not stupid enough to mislead on Obamacare website (washingtontimes.com)
- Obama Likens Health Care Law To Forcing People to ‘Buy a New Car’ (+video) (joemiller.us)
- Obama Pleads Ignorance (americanthinker.com)
- M.K.Ham: ‘The Ignorant Omniscience of President Obama’ (deadcitizensrightssociety.wordpress.com)
- Obama: No One Told Me About Obamacare’s Problems (freebeacon.com)
- President Obama’s Other Remarks Yesterday (academeblog.org)
- Humbled and fumbled: Obama’s top 5 Obamacare screw ups (rare.us)
Ann Coulter – November 13, 2013 – TO SPEAK TO A NIGERIAN PRINCE ABOUT YOUR HEALTH CARE, PRESS ’1′ NOW
In a weird confluence of the nation’s two most pressing issues — Obamacare and our insane immigration laws — this week we found out that the tens of thousands of “navigators” hired by the government to enroll people in Obamacare will include convicted felons.
Despite some “navigators” having already been exposed as having arrest warrants against them, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has no plans to screen out the criminals. (But rest assured: If your identity is stolen as a result of trying to sign up for Obamacare, no one will be more upset about it than President Obama.)
Maybe it’s a blessing that the Obamacare website has crashed more often than the Soviet Union’s commercial air fleet did.
In addition to convicted felons, navigators are drawn from labor unions, community organizers, former ACORN staffers and front-groups for the Democratic National Committee.
Call right up and give all your private financial and medical information to those guys! What could go wrong? (Before Obamacare was even online, Minnesota’s health exchange emailed the Social Security numbers and other identifying information for about 2,400 Americans to a man applying to be a “navigator.”)
If you call today, you can sign up for Obamacare plus learn about a Nigerian prince in exile who’s willing to share his vast inheritance with you in exchange for your bank account numbers.
Which reminds me, federal health insurance programs have long been a prime target for scammers and con artists.
Two months before enrollment began in the Obamacare exchanges, the administration’s top health care official heaped praise on WebMD for launching an online resource to help Americans navigate the complex law.
The consumer health care site had the occasional nice thing to say about Obamacare, too. In one article, it predicted doctors might pick up more patients and crowed in an article titled “7 Surprising Things About the Affordable Care Act” that many consumers already had received insurance refunds under the law.
But what neither Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius nor WebMD mentioned at the time was that the company, which millions of Americans regularly read for health news, also stood to earn millions of dollars from a federal contract to teach doctors about Obamacare.
- WebMD received almost 5 million bucks for feds to promote Obamacare (americanthinker.com)
- WebMD’s healthy deal with Obamacare: Millions of dollars for kind words (washingtontimes.com)
- WebMD’s Healthy Payoff $$$ Deal To Push Obamacare (aconservativeedge.wordpress.com)
- WebMD.com Cut SECRET DEAL With Obamacare For Millions (thecount.com)
- WebMD Raking in Cash for Promoting Obamacare (pjmedia.com)
- WebMD on the Take for ObamaCare (grumpyelder.com)
- WebMD: A Lesson In How Government Buys Off Societal Leadership (politicaloutcast.com)
- WebMD Snags Multi-Million Contract to Promote Obamacare (bighealthreport.com)
- WebMD Forgot To Mention That It Was Paid To Push Obamacare (libertycrier.com)
Jackie Mason Blasts Obama: “The Whole Country Wonders if This Guy’s President. He Sounds More Like a Maniac in an Asylum” | The Gateway Pundit
World Net Daily reported:
Legendary comedian Jackie Mason has uncorked a full-blown assault on President Obama and his troubled attempt at providing health care for Americans.
“It’s such a ridiculous thing. The whole country’s walking around wondering if this guy’s really the president of a country. He sounds more like a maniac in an asylum,” Mason said in a radio interview Sunday night.
“He’s saying things that nobody believes. He was always lying every day of his life. Every time he talks it was a lie. The only time he tells the truth is when you didn’t hear from him.”
“This is becoming so ridiculous, that even the biggest liar can’t top himself,” Mason, 76, told host Aaron Klein on WABC in New York City. “He looks at you straight in the face, and tells you that if you want your plan, you got your plan, you keep your plan. Now, a month-and-a-half later, you got no plan, you lost your plan, and he tells you you still got a plan.”
(NOTE: this audio version has been edited to only include comments regarding Obama. For the full version go to Klein Online.)
- Jackie Mason Blasts Obama: “The Whole Country Wonders if This Guy’s President. He Sounds More Like a Maniac in an Asylum” (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Famous comic flays Obama as lying ‘maniac’ (mobile.wnd.com)
- Famous comic flays Obama as lying ‘maniac’ (wnd.com)
- Legendary comedian absolutely tears lying ‘maniac’ Obama to shreds (ivoter.com)
- Legendary comedian absolutely tears lying ‘maniac’ Obama to shreds (bizpacreview.com)
- Obama Destroyed! Lying Maniac Should Be Jailed Or Institutionalized According To Famous Comedian (gopthedailydose.com)
- Legendary Comedian Blasts President, Calls Obama a Lying Maniac (1800politics.com)
- Legendary Comic Jackie Mason Blasts Obama’s “Blatant” ObamaCare Lies “Sounds Like Maniac In Asylum” (ironicsurrealism.com)
- Jackie Mason: Obama a ‘Liar,’ ‘Out of Touch with Humanity’ (breitbart.com)
The videos show Obama promising 300 million Americans that “if you like your health-care plan, you will be able to keep your health-care plan, period.”
But that’s not what he really said, Obama announced Monday in a speech to about 200 Organizing for Action supporters, gathered at the St. Regis hotel in D.C.
“What we said was you could keep it if it hasn’t changed since the law was passed,” he told Obamacare’s political beneficiaries and contractors.
That claim is not supported by his videotaped statements, which don’t include any mention of his new “if it hasn’t changed” exception.
- Give It A Rest … Obama In Trauma (sandiateaparty.com)
- Obama denies ‘you can keep it’ videotaped promises (patriotrising.com)
- Obama denies ‘you can keep it’ videotaped promises (gopthedailydose.com)
NSA infiltrates links to Yahoo, Google data centers worldwide, Snowden documents say – The Washington Post
The National Security Agency has secretly broken into the main communications links that connect Yahoo and Google data centers around the world, according to documents obtained from former NSA contractor Edward Snowden and interviews with knowledgeable officials.
By tapping those links, the agency has positioned itself to collect at will from among hundreds of millions of user accounts, many of them belonging to Americans. The NSA does not keep everything it collects, but it keeps a lot.
According to a top secret accounting dated Jan. 9, 2013, NSA’s acquisitions directorate sends millions of records every day from Yahoo and Google internal networks to data warehouses at the agency’s Fort Meade headquarters. In the preceding 30 days, the report said, field collectors had processed and sent back 181,280,466 new records — ranging from “metadata,” which would indicate who sent or received e-mails and when, to content such as text, audio and video.
- NSA infiltrates links to Yahoo, Google data centers worldwide, Snowden documents say (aconservativeedge.wordpress.com)
- NSA Hacked Into Google, Yahoo Networks (valuewalk.com)
- Report: NSA Broke Into Yahoo, Google Data Centers (abcnews.go.com)
- Report: NSA broke into Yahoo, Google data centers (stltoday.com)
- Report: NSA broke into Yahoo, Google data centers (miamiherald.com)
- Snowden suspected of covering electronic tracks (bigstory.ap.org)
- Report: NSA cracked most online encryption (bigstory.ap.org)
- NSA Broke Into Yahoo, Google Data Centers: Report (huffingtonpost.com)
- NSA Infiltrates Google And Yahoo Networks, Report Says (jeremiahtillman.wordpress.com)
- NSA Infiltrates Google And Yahoo Networks, Report Says (techcrunch.com)
These aren’t forgivable glitches that no one could have foreseen. They’re unforced, avoidable errors that show signs of being difficult to fix.
Observers could reasonably dismiss the earliest reports of Obamacare website failures. Multiple glitches at launch aren’t ideal, but they happen to even successful projects. So long as the overall effort was competently run, there was no reason to panic: If most everything was as it should’ve been, fixes could’ve been made quickly.
But Obamacare wasn’t competently run.
It’s too early to know exactly what is wrong or how long it will take to fix. But the latest reporting on rollout problems reveals that they’re “the result of gross negligence, ignorance, and the violation of engineering best practices at just about every step of the way,” as Dan Hanson persuasively argues at Marginal Revolution.
- The Stunning Negligence That Doomed Obamacare’s Launch (theatlantic.com)
- The stunning negligence that doomed Obamacare (rare.us)
- Conor Friedersdorf Peeks at My Ideology (lawfareblog.com)
- Why newspapers often don’t call out politicians for lying (nextlevelofnews.com)
- Robert Farley on Conor Friedersdorf: Repudiate! Refudiate!: Noted (delong.typepad.com)
- Wonkbook: Maybe the NSA should just run HealthCare.Gov (washingtonpost.com)
- A Peek at the Ideology of a Prominent NSA Defender – Conor Friedersdorf – The Atlantic (theatlantic.com)
- Conor Friedersdorf: U.S. should own up to civilian drone deaths (ocregister.com)
- Why Does Conor Friedersdorf Work for the Greater Evil? Weblogging (delong.typepad.com)
NBC News: White House Has Known For At Least 3 Years Millions Would Lose Coverage Due to ObamaCare | NewsBusters
In his sales pitch for ObamaCare, the President regularly told Americans that if they liked their current health insurance policies, they could keep them.
A blockbuster report just published at NBCNews.com by Lisa Myers and Hannah Rappleye not only completely refutes this, but claims that the Administration has known for at least three years that millions would lose their coverage due to ObamaCare’s implementation:
President Obama repeatedly assured Americans that after the Affordable Care Act became law, people who liked their health insurance would be able to keep it. But millions of Americans are getting or are about to get cancellation letters for their health insurance under Obamacare, say experts, and the Obama administration has known that for at least three years.Four sources deeply involved in the Affordable Care Act tell NBC NEWS that 50 to 75 percent of the 14 million consumers who buy their insurance individually can expect to receive a “cancellation” letter or the equivalent over the next year because their existing policies don’t meet the standards mandated by the new health care law. One expert predicts that number could reach as high as 80 percent. And all say that many of those forced to buy pricier new policies will experience “sticker shock.”
None of this should come as a shock to the Obama administration. The law states that policies in effect as of March 23, 2010 will be “grandfathered,” meaning consumers can keep those policies even though they don’t meet requirements of the new health care law. But the Department of Health and Human Services then wrote regulations that narrowed that provision, by saying that if any part of a policy was significantly changed since that date — the deductible, co-pay, or benefits, for example — the policy would not be grandfathered.
Buried in Obamacare regulations from July 2010 is an estimate that because of normal turnover in the individual insurance market, “40 to 67 percent” of customers will not be able to keep their policy. And because many policies will have been changed since the key date, “the percentage of individual market policies losing grandfather status in a given year exceeds the 40 to 67 percent range.”
That means the administration knew that more than 40 to 67 percent of those in the individual market would not be able to keep their plans, even if they liked them.
But there’s more:
- NBC News: Obama Admin. Knew Millions Would Not Be Able to Keep Their Health Insurance for at Least 3 Years, Promised It Anyway (theblaze.com)
- NBC Sources: Obama Knew That Millions Would Lose Coverage (minx.cc)
- NBC News: Hundreds Of Thousands Lose Insurance Due To Obamacare (libertycrier.com)
- Obama Reportedly Knew Millions Wouldn’t Get To Keep Their Health Insurance But Promised It Anyway (businessinsider.com)
- Obama Administration Admits it Knew that Millions Would Lose Their Insurance Because of Healthcare Law (blackchristiannews.com)
- Obama admin. knew millions could not keep their health insurance (investigations.nbcnews.com)
- CBS: Millions of cancellations and skyrocketing costs the big problem of ObamaCare (hotair.com)
- NBCNEWS: Obama knew millions would lose health plans… (investigations.nbcnews.com)
- NBC: Obama Knew Millions Of Americans Could Not Keep Their Health Insurance Under Obamacare (patdollard.com)
Surprise! Obamacare health insurance exchange websites don’t work; HealthCare.gov a total mess | Twitchy
- Fashion statement: Pelosi sports costly Hermes scarf for shutdown debate (twitchy.com)
- Hermes helps you tie your scarf (adverblog.com)
Kerry signs UN arms treaty, senators threaten to block it..
Secretary of State John Kerry on Wednesday signed a controversial U.N. treaty on arms regulation, riling U.S. lawmakers who vow the Senate will not ratify the agreement.
As he signed the document, Kerry called the treaty a “significant step” in addressing illegal gun sales, while claiming it would also protect gun rights.
“This is about keeping weapons out of the hands of terrorists and rogue actors. This is about reducing the risk of international transfers of conventional arms that will be used to carry out the world’s worst crimes. This is about keeping Americans safe and keeping America strong,” he said. “This treaty will not diminish anyone’s freedom. In fact, the treaty recognizes the freedom of both individuals and states to obtain, possess, and use arms for legitimate purposes.”
U.S. lawmakers, though, have long claimed the treaty could lead to new gun control measures. They note the U.S. Senate has final say on whether to approve the agreement.
Sen. Bob Corker, R-Tenn., in a letter to President Obama, urged his administration not to take any action to implement the treaty without the consent of the Senate.
He claimed the treaty raises “fundamental issues” concerning “individual rights protected by the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution.”
Courtesy of ObamaCareCosts.org, find out how much ObamaCare is costing your state:
Boom: The Explosion in Healthcare Premiums due to Obamacare in One Chart:
Prices Set for New Health-Care Exchanges
Younger Buyers May Face Higher Insurance Premiums
Young consumers in many states will be offered rates that are lower than some initial forecasts, but still significantly higher than they may be used to seeing, on health-insurance exchanges run either entirely or in part by the federal government. New federal requirements will require carriers to price insurance equally regardless of consumers’ medical history or gender and will offer more generous coverage and more benefits than current plans may offer. Compare insurance premiums for the lowest-cost ‘bronze’ plan for a 27-year-old single person with the current lowest-cost option for a man in a metro area in 36 states where the federal government will oversee exchanges. Some people may be eligible for subsidies towards the cost of coverage.
Double Down: Obamacare Will Increase Avg. Individual-Market Insurance Premiums By 99% For Men, 62% For Women
For months now, we’ve been waiting to hear how much Obamacare will drive up the cost of health insurance for people who purchase coverage on their own. Last night, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services finally began to provide some data on how Americans will fare on Obamacare’s federally-sponsored insurance exchanges. HHS’ press release is full of happy talk about how premiums will be “lower than originally expected.” But the reality is starkly different.
- Cruz: The Ruling Class Shouldn’t Have Exemptions That the Citizens Don’t (minx.cc)
- RNC Chair Supports Cruz Obamacare ‘Filibuster’ (pjmedia.com)
- The Wrecking Ball Known as ObamaCare (americanthinker.com)
- Sen. Mike Lee: ‘We Have Support in Senate’ to Defund ObamaCare (mediaite.com)
Among influential U.S. political tweeters, President Barack Obama is the undisputed king of the fake followers. A MailOnline analysis ranks his sizable Twitter following as the most deceptive total among the 21 most influential accounts run by American politicians: More than 19.5 million of his 36.9 million Twitter followers are accounts that don’t correspond to real people.
The four phoniest accounts in the sample, which included Democratic and Republican Party leaders in Washington, D.C., were those belonging to President Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, first lady Michelle Obama and the White House communications shop.
Of the president’s 36.9 million Twitter followers, an astonishing 53 per cent – or 19.5 million – are fake accounts, according to a search engine at the Internet research vendor StatusPeople.com. Just 20 per cent of Obama’s Twitter buddies are real people who are active users.
- Obama is Political King of the Fake Twitter Followers (tomohalloran.com)
- SHOCK: Obama has 19.5 MILLION fake TWITTER followers? (redflagnews.com)
- Move over, Michelle. The President’s fake Twitter followers blows everyone else away. (techi.com)
- Obama has 19.5 MILLION fake TWITTER followers? (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- Michelle Obama has nearly 2 million fake Twitter followers (dailycaller.com)
- 55% Of Obama’s Twitter Followers Are Fake (mikesright.wordpress.com)
- Michelle Obama has Nearly 2 Million Fake Twitter Followers (joemiller.us)
- 53% of Obama Twitter Followers Are Fake Accounts (breitbart.com)
- Barack Obama is political king of the fake Twitter followers (canadafreepress.com)
- Michelle Obama Has Over 2 Million Imaginary Friends (thedailysheeple.com)
WASHINGTON—As President Obama continues to push for a plan of limited military intervention in Syria, a new poll of Americans has found that though the nation remains wary over the prospect of becoming involved in another Middle Eastern war, the vast majority of U.S. citizens strongly approve of sending Congress to Syria.
The New York Times/CBS News poll showed that though just 1 in 4 Americans believe that the United States has a responsibility to intervene in the Syrian conflict, more than 90 percent of the public is convinced that putting all 535 representatives of the United States Congress on the ground in Syria—including Senate pro tempore Patrick Leahy, House Speaker John Boehner, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, and, in fact, all current members of the House and Senate—is the best course of action at this time.
“I believe it is in the best interest of the United States, and the global community as a whole, to move forward with the deployment of all U.S. congressional leaders to Syria immediately,” respondent Carol Abare, 50, said in the nationwide telephone survey, echoing the thoughts of an estimated 9 in 10 Americans who said they “strongly support” any plan of action that involves putting the U.S. House and Senate on the ground in the war-torn Middle Eastern state. “With violence intensifying every day, now is absolutely the right moment—the perfect moment, really—for the United States to send our legislators to the region.”
“In fact, my preference would have been for Congress to be deployed months ago,” she added.
COLORADO – USA – Raymond Blanco, one of America’s most prominent conspiracy theorists has finally come out and revealed that the conspiracy theory he believed in is pretty unbelievable.
“I was just going on and on one day in a coffee shop when it hit me. It was all bull, not just one bit but all of it,” Mr Blanco revealed.
The prominent conspiracy theorist even has his own local radio talk show with tens of listeners.
“I had to go on there and confess. I was a conscientious conspiracy theorist and I was hanging my boots up. It’s okay to question, but my theory was so stupid that even other conspiracy theorists and researchers would shun me,” a distraught Blanco told the local Huntsville Echo.
So what was the theory?
“I, I believed in Hope, I believed in Change. I used to say ‘Yes, We Can!’ and I, I’m so ashamed of myself. I gotta live with myself for voting for THAT theory and believing everything about it. I can’t even mention the name of the person who I stole the original conspiracy theory from. I voted twice. Oh the disgrace.”
- Why do people lie about their belief in a Conspiracy Theory? (illuminutti.com)
- What is a Sheeple? (illuminutti.com)
- 7 Reasons why Conspiracy Theorists get their videos and pages removed from Youtube (illuminutti.com)
- Michael Hastings: 5 Conspiracy Theories That Didn’t Pan Out (illuminutti.com)
- HAARPing mad – an assessment of the HAARP conspiracy theories and conspiracy theorists. (illuminutti.com)
- The Anatomy of a Conspiracy Theorist (illuminutti.com)
- Is it a Conspiracy Theory, or is it Satire? (illuminutti.com)
- Who needs facts when you have conspiracy theorists? (illuminutti.com)
- Conspiracy theories: The science behind belief in secret plots (theguardian.com)
- Conspiracy theories: The science behind belief in secret plots (theguardian.com)
The National Security Agency is winning its long-running secret war on encryption, using supercomputers, technical trickery, court orders and behind-the-scenes persuasion to undermine the major tools protecting the privacy of everyday communications in the Internet age, according to newly disclosed documents.
The agency has circumvented or cracked much of the encryption, or digital scrambling, that guards global commerce and banking systems, protects sensitive data like trade secrets and medical records, and automatically secures the e-mails, Web searches, Internet chats and phone calls of Americans and others around the world, the documents show.
Many users assume — or have been assured by Internet companies — that their data is safe from prying eyes, including those of the government, and the N.S.A. wants to keep it that way. The agency treats its recent successes in deciphering protected information as among its most closely guarded secrets, restricted to those cleared for a highly classified program code-named Bullrun, according to the documents, provided by Edward J. Snowden, the former N.S.A. contractor.
Beginning in 2000, as encryption tools were gradually blanketing the Web, the N.S.A. invested billions of dollars in a clandestine campaign to preserve its ability to eavesdrop. Having lost a public battle in the 1990s to insert its own “back door” in all encryption, it set out to accomplish the same goal by stealth.
The agency, according to the documents and interviews with industry officials, deployed custom-built, superfast computers to break codes, and began collaborating with technology companies in the United States and abroad to build entry points into their products. The documents do not identify which companies have participated.
- N.S.A. Hacks Internet Encryption, as tech companies allowed to insert secret vulnerabilities in encryption software (aconservativeedge.wordpress.com)
- NSA Is FOILING YOUR ATTEMPTS To ENCRYPT YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY (secretsofthefed.com)
- N.S.A. foils much Internet encryption (techi.com)
- N.S.A. Foils Much Internet Encryption – NYTimes.com (tech4classrooms.org)
- Snowden: Internet encryption useless against eyes in NSA, GCHQ (motls.blogspot.com)
- Bullrun: The NSA Backdoor Anti-Encryption Bug Program That Breaks Most Encryption on the Internet (siliconangle.com)
Drone-Hunting Season in Colorado, 1,000 apply for license!
Forget rabbit, duck season — it’s drone season for hunters in Colorado town
DENVER — Hunters in Colorado are lining up for a hot new license: $25 to shoot down a government drone over the village of Deer Trail.
Supporters acknowledge the licenses would be only symbolic, and a town election authorizing them is more than a month away. Still, about 1,000 people have applied for one.