NBC News: White House Has Known For At Least 3 Years Millions Would Lose Coverage Due to ObamaCare | NewsBusters
In his sales pitch for ObamaCare, the President regularly told Americans that if they liked their current health insurance policies, they could keep them.
A blockbuster report just published at NBCNews.com by Lisa Myers and Hannah Rappleye not only completely refutes this, but claims that the Administration has known for at least three years that millions would lose their coverage due to ObamaCare’s implementation:
President Obama repeatedly assured Americans that after the Affordable Care Act became law, people who liked their health insurance would be able to keep it. But millions of Americans are getting or are about to get cancellation letters for their health insurance under Obamacare, say experts, and the Obama administration has known that for at least three years.Four sources deeply involved in the Affordable Care Act tell NBC NEWS that 50 to 75 percent of the 14 million consumers who buy their insurance individually can expect to receive a “cancellation” letter or the equivalent over the next year because their existing policies don’t meet the standards mandated by the new health care law. One expert predicts that number could reach as high as 80 percent. And all say that many of those forced to buy pricier new policies will experience “sticker shock.”
None of this should come as a shock to the Obama administration. The law states that policies in effect as of March 23, 2010 will be “grandfathered,” meaning consumers can keep those policies even though they don’t meet requirements of the new health care law. But the Department of Health and Human Services then wrote regulations that narrowed that provision, by saying that if any part of a policy was significantly changed since that date — the deductible, co-pay, or benefits, for example — the policy would not be grandfathered.
Buried in Obamacare regulations from July 2010 is an estimate that because of normal turnover in the individual insurance market, “40 to 67 percent” of customers will not be able to keep their policy. And because many policies will have been changed since the key date, “the percentage of individual market policies losing grandfather status in a given year exceeds the 40 to 67 percent range.”
That means the administration knew that more than 40 to 67 percent of those in the individual market would not be able to keep their plans, even if they liked them.
But there’s more:
- NBC News: Obama Admin. Knew Millions Would Not Be Able to Keep Their Health Insurance for at Least 3 Years, Promised It Anyway (theblaze.com)
- NBC Sources: Obama Knew That Millions Would Lose Coverage (minx.cc)
- NBC News: Hundreds Of Thousands Lose Insurance Due To Obamacare (libertycrier.com)
- Obama Reportedly Knew Millions Wouldn’t Get To Keep Their Health Insurance But Promised It Anyway (businessinsider.com)
- Obama Administration Admits it Knew that Millions Would Lose Their Insurance Because of Healthcare Law (blackchristiannews.com)
- Obama admin. knew millions could not keep their health insurance (investigations.nbcnews.com)
- CBS: Millions of cancellations and skyrocketing costs the big problem of ObamaCare (hotair.com)
- NBCNEWS: Obama knew millions would lose health plans… (investigations.nbcnews.com)
- NBC: Obama Knew Millions Of Americans Could Not Keep Their Health Insurance Under Obamacare (patdollard.com)
Among influential U.S. political tweeters, President Barack Obama is the undisputed king of the fake followers. A MailOnline analysis ranks his sizable Twitter following as the most deceptive total among the 21 most influential accounts run by American politicians: More than 19.5 million of his 36.9 million Twitter followers are accounts that don’t correspond to real people.
The four phoniest accounts in the sample, which included Democratic and Republican Party leaders in Washington, D.C., were those belonging to President Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, first lady Michelle Obama and the White House communications shop.
Of the president’s 36.9 million Twitter followers, an astonishing 53 per cent – or 19.5 million – are fake accounts, according to a search engine at the Internet research vendor StatusPeople.com. Just 20 per cent of Obama’s Twitter buddies are real people who are active users.
- Obama is Political King of the Fake Twitter Followers (tomohalloran.com)
- SHOCK: Obama has 19.5 MILLION fake TWITTER followers? (redflagnews.com)
- Move over, Michelle. The President’s fake Twitter followers blows everyone else away. (techi.com)
- Obama has 19.5 MILLION fake TWITTER followers? (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- Michelle Obama has nearly 2 million fake Twitter followers (dailycaller.com)
- 55% Of Obama’s Twitter Followers Are Fake (mikesright.wordpress.com)
- Michelle Obama has Nearly 2 Million Fake Twitter Followers (joemiller.us)
- 53% of Obama Twitter Followers Are Fake Accounts (breitbart.com)
- Barack Obama is political king of the fake Twitter followers (canadafreepress.com)
- Michelle Obama Has Over 2 Million Imaginary Friends (thedailysheeple.com)
Although President Obama hasn’t yet decided how to deal with Syria, Secretary of State John Kerry used his harshest language yet on Monday, accusing the Syrian government of committing a “cowardly crime” and a “moral obscenity” by using chemical weapons to attack civilians. There’s just one problem for Kerry: An awkward photo is going viral showing him and his wife having a cozy dinner with the Assads in 2009.
In February 2009, before the proverbial Sh*t hit the proverbial fan, Kerry led a delegation to engage Syria. It was a “frank exchange” of ideas and talk about the possibility of peace in the region.
- They Look Pretty Happy And Relaxed! The Awkward Photo John Kerry Doesn’t Want You to See (strangesounds.org)
- Syria to Secretary of State John Kerry: You’re lying (washingtontimes.com)
- John Kerry Delivers Obama’s War Declaration Against Syria (21stcenturywire.com)
- Kerry: Syria’s chemical arms use ‘moral obscenity’ (stltoday.com)
- Syria’s use of chemical weapons against its own people is a ‘moral obscenity’ – John Kerry (voiceofrussia.com)
- Kerry: Chemical use in Syria a “moral obscenity” (en.trend.az)
- John Kerry went on a motorcycle ride with Bashar al-Assad described him as ‘generous with me’ (fireandreamitchell.com)
- John Kerry: Evidence of attack ‘real and compelling’ (itv.com)
- Skull & Bones Secret Occultist -Did John Kerry Orchestrate The Chemical Weapons Attack in Syria? (streetdemocracy.wordpress.com)
- No Proof, But Kerry Insists Syria Allegations ‘Undeniable’ (news.antiwar.com)
Reggie Love says he and President Obama played cards during the Osama bin Laden raid, and that the president told him, “I can’t watch this entire thing.”
“Most people were like down in the Situation Room and [President Obama] was like, ‘I’m not going to be down there, I can’t watch this entire thing,’ We must have played 15 games of spades,” said Love at a public event.